Dalia, also commonly known as Cracked Wheat, bulgar, Fada, Lapsi, and Couscous. It is made by densely grinding whole raw wheat grains. One of the most amazing things about Dalia is that it is highly nutritious as it stays clear from refining. Mainly it is used for dietary supplements. You can also go for the Organic Dalia which is easily available in the market.
For Indians, Dalia is one of the most popular breakfasts. It can be prepared sweet or salty as per your taste. It is best if you want to keep your stomach clean as it is rich in nutrients like protein, fiber, iron, and vitamin B. You can easily cook it for breakfast in the morning if you do not want to do all the hassle with different types of food and ingredients.
Here, you will get to know more about the How to make dalia, what are the benefits of dalia, and how it is a proven healthy food to recover quickly. Let’s get started with that.
How to make Dalia?
First, if you want to know How to make dalia, you need to know what ingredient is used to make it. Dalia is wheat or couscous that has been broken or cracked. Wheat is husked and milled to the desired size. It is extremely nutrient-dense. Dalia is a nutritional supplement. When cooked, it becomes nutty and chewy. The size of Dalia may vary from small or crushed to medium and large size.
Now, to prepare a simple sweet Dalia meal, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the wheat and ghee. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat. Roast the wheat until it is fragrant, toasted, and slightly browned.
- Now, add 1 cup of water to the roasted dalia. Cover the pan and stir together the wheat and water. Stay close to the pan because the mixture can quickly froth up and boil over. Cook the wheat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it has absorbed the water and become soft and tender.
- Incorporate the milk and spice into the wheat mixture by stirring. Continue to cook the Wheat over medium-low heat with the saucepan uncovered. Stir the dalia regularly until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients throughout the . Continue to cook it for 1 to 2 minutes more to dissolve the sugar and heat the nuts and raisins. Before serving, taste the dalia and add more sugar or milk to taste.
Health benefits of Dalia
Here are some of the Benefits of dalia that helps to keep your body healthy and include it in your diet.
- Dalia is rich in fiber that keeps you full. You can eat a bowl of dalia daily to lose weight.
- It is essentially a wheat husk. The husk naturally increases the fiber content of this food, which cleanses the intestines and prevents constipation.
- Broken wheat is high in complex carbohydrates and has a low glycaemic index. This ensures a steady release of glucose in the blood, which aids in blood sugar management.
- Because of its high fiber content, it aids in the maintenance of the body’s cholesterol levels and is thus beneficial to the heart.
- It is a natural source of vitamin B, minerals, fiber, and protein, and it is much healthier than packaged foods because it does not contain preservatives.
The above information will be a great help when it comes to Dalia and its health benefits. With the instructions provided, you can easily cook a simple breakfast meal in the morning. It is easy to cook as well as a healthy breakfast that can be prepared within no time. So, what are you waiting for? Make a healthy habit of eating Dalia every morning to get enough nutrients and have a sound body.